Zoom is a video conferencing software developed by Zoom Video Communications. With over 300 million users, it is the most widely used online meeting platform globally. It is available in 11 languages and has managed to take the world by storm with its remarkable video telephonic attributes.
|Name:||Zoom for PC|
|Compatibility:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Security:||Checked – Virus Free|
Features of Zoom
Zoom is a software that has become highly popular due to its amazing features. Here are some of them that have helped it ace the race.
- Virtual Background: With the help of this feature you can hide the real background to avoid any sort of distractions. It allows you to set a virtual background, which can be anything you want it to be such as your brand logo, scenery, or plain sight. Simply go to the zoom settings and everything will be sorted out.
- Waiting room: It allows you to keep track of everyone who joins your meeting. To enter the room, they will have to seek your permission first. It is entirely up to you whether you want to admit a whole group or a single person at a time.
- Multiple screens: This feature makes it possible for different people to share their screens all at once in the same meeting. In case you have to review a document by comparing it to the other ones, a multi-share screen feature is a perfect catch.
- Record meetings: You can even record your meetings and save them for later. The recorded meetings can easily be uploaded on various platforms including Youtube, One Drive, Blackboard Learn, and Box.
- Zoom webinars and Rooms: The best thing about this software is that it can easily accommodate up to 500 individuals in a single large room. In addition, when you are using the Zoom webinar service, ten thousand viewers can see you.
- HD video and audio: Unlike other online video conferencing platforms, Zoom does not compromise on the quality of the audio and video results. Everything is of high quality. The videos are of high resolution and the sound quality is also crystal clear.
Minimum System Requirements
As Zoom is a software that covers a wide range of functions, that is why it’s not possible to download or use it without some requirements. To use Zoom seamlessly, the following minimum system requirements are essential:
- An effective internet connection: It can be wireless/wired/broadband.
- A microphone and speakers: As it is a video conferencing software that is why a USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth feature is essential for audio.
- A webcam or HD webcam: A built-in, USB plug-in or an HD camcorder containing a video-capture card is essential for video meetings.
All the above-mentioned things are required to run the Zoom software. Also, when it comes to the perfect bandwidth, it automatically optimizes itself with the network connection of its users.
How to Download Zoom App for PC?
Downloading Zoom on your PC is not a difficult task. You just have to follow a few steps and the software will be downloaded on your device for free.
- Go to your internet browser.
- Look for the official website of Zoom i.e Zoom.us.
- Scroll down and in the footer of the webpage click on the “Download” option.
- A Download Centre page will appear.
- On this page, click on the blue “Download” button under the “Zoom Client for Meetings” option.
- The downloading process will begin.
- Now click on the .exe file.
- Begin the installation process.
- The software is ready to be launched.
How to Use Zoom?
With a very friendly UI, Zoom makes it easy for everyone to use it without any scratching in the heads. Follow the below-mentioned steps and you will be good to go.
- Go to their official website.
- In the top right corner, there will be a “Sign up” button. Click on it.
- Complete the sign-up process by either using your work email or your Fb/Google account.
- You will receive a confirmation email from Zoom.
- Click on that link and Sign in to your Zoom account.
- Now to set up a meeting, click on the “Host a meeting” button.
- Choose the preferred option from one of these; Video On, Video Off, or Screenshare Only.
- You will be redirected to the app and the meeting will begin.
- To invite the participants, you can simply copy the URL and send it to the people you want to be a part of your meeting.
Alternatives to Zoom
In case you are unable to meet the minimum system requirements or cannot get a hold of Zoom on your PC due to some other issues, you can always download its alternatives. Below are some of the best Zoom alternatives that you can choose from:
Cisco Webex Meetings
Cisco is a video conferencing app that provides excellent audio and video results. It also allows you to share multiple screens and creates a virtual classroom. No matter in which part of the world you are, you can use it for meetings as it knows no boundaries. Plus, you can always choose to mute the audio or video with its help if you do not want your privacy to be invaded.
Google Hangouts Meet
Google Hangouts allows you to connect with your friends, families, colleagues, and other people with the help of a video conference. You do not have to pay any charges to use it. The video calls are easy to join and do not require much hassle. Also, the video quality is HD, and buffering is the last thing that you will come across.
GoToMeeting is yet another video conferencing platform that is trusted by millions all across the globe. For on-the-go collaborations and peaceful meetings, it is one of the best alternatives to Zoom. From screen sharing to one on one meetings, it is a masterpiece. All you need is good internet connectivity and the app will run smoothly on your PC.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Zoom free?
Zoom offers a personal basic meeting plan that can accommodate up to 100 participants for free. This meeting plan can support a 40-minute long session. However, the other Zoom plans including Pro, Business, Enterprise, and some more are not free.
Is Zoom safe to use?
Zoom is a safe platform for meetings that involve day-to-day business. However, it is recommended not to use Zoom for any confidential business as you cannot always trust technology completely.
Can you get a virus from zoom?
If you download Zoom from its official website then you do not have to worry about any viruses. However, if you make use of untrusted websites to download it, then there might be a possibility of virus invasions.
Which country developed Zoom?
Zoom is developed by a US-founded company.