Windows 10 Media Creation Tool is a powerful tool directly from Microsoft that allows users to make media creations. The tool allows users to download the latest update from Microsoft servers and burns the installation set-up to either a DVD or USB, whichever you prefer.
|Name:||Windows 10 Media Creation Tool|
|Compatibility:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Security:||Checked – Virus Free|
The media created is bootable, free from viruses, and can be used to install Windows 10 on multiple PCs without initiating multiple downloads again and again. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool assists in installation whether you already have an official license or are planning to acquire one later.
What is Windows 10 Media Creation Tool?
Windows 10 Media Creation Tool is Microsoft’s answer to software like Rufus and other third-party software that aims to install Windows OS on PCs. The official tool allows the users to download the latest and most secure version of Windows OS from the official servers making sure that no unnecessary bloatware makes its way to your PC.
The Media Creation Tool provides the best Windows 10 experience possible with all the latest security patches and installs the latest updated drivers for your devices. If any driver is missing from the package that the tool creates, it is installed as soon as the Windows boots up for the first time, making the whole experience seamless and effective.
How to Download Windows 10 Media Creation Tool on PC?
As Windows 10 Media Creation Tool is an official Microsoft licensed tool and must connect to the official servers, it is only available for download through the official website.
To get the tool working on PC and to prepare your Windows 10 installation media, users can:
- Visit the Microsoft Software Download Centre and scroll down to the ‘Create Windows 10 Installation Media’ section.
- Click on the download tool now to initiate the download.
- Once downloaded, open the program by double-clicking the downloaded file. A pop-up will say ‘Getting Things Ready’ as it prepares the downloading application.
- Read the terms and conditions and click “Accept” to approve.
- Select what you want to do with the tool. Users have the option to upgrade the current PC or to prepare installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO) for another PC. Select the appropriate option and click next to proceed.
- If upgrading the same PC, the set-up will automatically select the most appropriate settings. If the user is preparing media for some other PC, there is an option to select the required settings and make changes accordingly.
- You can select the language, the edition, and the architecture of Windows you want to download. Click next to proceed.
- The set-up will only proceed if you have more than 8 GBs of free disk space; if the available space is below that, the set-up will give a warning message and won’t proceed.
- Select the media type that you want to create from the next screen and click “Next” to initiate the download of the latest version.
The file will first be downloaded, and then the installation media will be prepared using it. If the media has any previous files, they will all be erased, so proceed with caution. Also, DVDs that have already been written once cannot be erased and used.
Minimum System Requirements
Windows 10 media creation tool can be easily installed if the following requirements are met:
- Stable internet connection
- Blank USB drive with at least 8 GB memory
- 8 GBs of free disk space
- At least 2GB RAM
- Windows XP/Vista / Windows 7/ Windows 8 / Windows 10
Features of Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
Windows 10 Media Creation Tool is an excellent tool for managing the digital and physical distribution of Windows 10 and is particularly useful if you have more than one PC. Some of the features of the creation tool include:
- Always gets the latest updates and security patches
- Allows users to experience Windows like it’s meant to be
- No fear of malware or any other bug as Microsoft itself compiles the installation media
- Easy and safe process
- Use it for installation of USB drive/DVD to perform a clean install or repair a problematic PC
Alternative Apps on Your PC
While Windows 10 Media Creation Tool is the best option for someone trying to get the latest updates, there are some other great options as well:
Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool
Although the name says Windows 7, the tool is an official one from Microsoft that was meant to deliver Windows 7 over various installation media. The tool is effective and helps burn ISOs to USB Flash Disks or DVD drives.
The only downside is that it cannot fetch the latest version from the official websites, and you will have to settle for whatever ISO you have available. ISOs can also be downloaded using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool, whereas the Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool does not pack any such feature.
Rufus has been around for quite some time now, and the initial version dates to as early as Windows XP. The tool evolved to become one of the most used ISO burning tools ever. The interface is easy to understand and packs support for both BIOS and UEFI, something the Microsoft-made applications do not offer.
The downside of this software is that the ISOs cannot be downloaded using the application, and users can end up using a non-official ISO.
Etcher has a very basic and simple interface that most users can understand easily. The software accepts ISOs that will load onto removable media. The whole process is simple and takes comparable time across all apps.
So, if you would like to use something that is not that techy but gets the job done, then Etcher might just be the thing for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How do I get the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool?
Ans: Windows 10 Media Creation Tool can be downloaded through the official Microsoft website. On the website, click the download now button to initiate the download of the set-up that will later download the latest version.
Q2. Does Windows 10 Media Creation Tool still work?
Ans: Yes, Windows 10 Media Creation Tool works flawlessly to date and will help you get the most out of your windows with the latest version and security patches.
Q3. Does the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool download the latest version?
Ans: Yes, the Media Creation Tool verifies the download with Microsoft Servers and can only be used to download the latest version only.