A China-based service, Turbo VPN is highly popular among both Android and iOS devices. It is a free VPN proxy service that gives users a chance to unblock applications and sites on the internet. The app allows the users to search the web with extra privacy and security while staying completely anonymous.
|Name:||Turbo VPN for PC|
|Compatibility:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Security:||Checked – Virus Free|
Although Turbo VPN was primarily to be used on mobile phone devices, it can now be used on PCs. In this guide, we will tell you everything you need to know about downloading Turbo VPN on your PCs, its unique features, and some common alternatives.
What is Turbo VPN?
Turbo VPN is a Virtual Private Network that keeps its users anonymous on the internet. It works by redirecting the internet activity of the users through a proxy server.
The private tunnels offered by Turbo VPN keep the users’ information away from intruders. Not only this, but it also helps the users to access the content that is blocked due to regional or geographical restrictions.
Like all other VPNs for mobile phones, Turbo VPN is completely free to download as well. But, the app charges a subscription fee from the users. The VPN offers a seven-day free trial of its VIP services to the users.
To access the free trial, the users must enter their payment information through Google Pay. The app will bill you automatically once the trial period expires. If you do not want Turbo VPN to charge for its VIP services, you must explicitly cancel your subscription.
Deciding to use the app for free will limit the users to use only eight server locations. These servers include India, Canada, Netherlands, Germany, Singapore, San Francisco, and New York.
Once you pay for the VIP services offered by Turbo VPN, you will get access to all 26 of the VPN’s server locations. Furthermore, the users can simultaneously use up to five devices with one account. You can also get better speed with the paid version of the app than the free version.
How to Download Turbo VPN for PC?
The downloading process of Turbo VPN is pretty straightforward. Even though the VPN is not available to download as software on a PC, you can do it with the help of any working Android emulator. BlueStacks and NoxPlayer are some common Android emulators.
Let’s check out the installation method using the BlueStacks emulator below.
- Go to the official website of BlueStacks.
- Double click on the .exe file in the download folder to start the downloading process.
- A pop-up message will appear. Click on ‘Yes.’
- The download will complete within a few minutes.
- Select the language you prefer to configure the BlueStacks Emulator.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to launch your BlueStacks Emulator.
- Search for Google Play Store in the BlueStacks Emulator.
- Enter your Gmail account to access the Google Play Store.
- Tap on the search bar and type Turbo VPN on it.
- Click on the installation button and wait for the installation process to complete.
- The app will ask you to access system information. Click on ‘Accept.’
- You can configure the app any way you want to once the installation process is complete.
Features of Turbo VPN
Turbo VPN offers several valuable features to the users that make it a popular choice. Let’s take a look at some of its helpful features below.
- It is quite straightforward to connect to the VPN. You can easily switch between different servers by clicking on the flag icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Another great feature of the Turbo VPN is its speed. Although the free version’s speed is slightly slow, the premium version offers incredible speed to its users.
- It has a highly user-friendly interface. Even though the app offers a choice of 22,000 servers to the users, it does not burden them with its complex interface.
- While Netflix has blocked the majority of the VPNs, it has not blocked Turbo VPN. The users can now unblock Netflix and watch content on it with the VIP servers of the Turbo VPN.
- Turbo VPN offers unlimited bandwidth to the users. The app successfully encrypts all the internet traffic of the users. As a result, ISP will not be able to track what you are doing online.
Check out this video if you don't know how to use Turbo VPN :-
Alternative Apps That You Can Use On Your PC
If you are looking for an alternative VPN that not only offers unrestricted data but good speed as well, then ProtonVPN is the best alternative app out there. The headquarters of the company is based in Switzerland. Due to that reason, the users are protected by the privacy laws of the EU.
The three central server locations of this VPN are Japan, the US, and the Netherlands. The users can get multiple servers from these three major locations. In addition to this, the app also open-sourced its VPN tool recently. For this reason, it became one of the most trusted VPNs among the users.
Another suitable alternative to Turbo VPN is Psiphon Pro. The app first started as a proxy system. But now, it is used as a qualified VPN. It is one of the most transparent VPNs out there.
What makes Psiphon Pro a popular choice among users is that it is an entirely open-source VPN and does not require any users’ data. Furthermore, it offers a 2Mbps data limit to the users, which is quite good.
Developed by Betternet LLC in Switzerland, Betternet VPN safeguards the data of the users under EU laws. Betternet is one of the best alternatives to Turbo VPN for two primary reasons.
Firstly, the VPN offers unlimited data to the users without compromising their security. The second best thing about this VPN is that the users do not need to sign up to the app to avail its free services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can I use Turbo VPN on PC?
Ans: Yes, you can use Turbo VPN on both your Windows and Mac computer. All you need to do is download it on your PC using an emulator.
Q2. Is Turbo VPN trustworthy?
Ans: You can completely trust Turbo VPN to safeguard your browsing activities.
Q3. Does Turbo VPN hide IP address?
Ans: Turbo VPN does not keep track of the websites you visit or logs the IP address you are assigned to.
Q4. Does Turbo VPN slow down gaming?
Ans: Turbo VPN does not slow down gaming. On the contrary, if you connect the Turbo VPN server close to the gaming server, it can increase your connection speed.