Spectrum TV for pc is an application available for Android and iOS devices that you can use to stream live TV at your home and even on the go. As long as there is a compatible television available, you can use this app to turn any available screen into television and use it to stream your favorite shows and movies.
|Name:||Spectrum TV for PC|
|Compatibility:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Security:||Checked – Virus Free|
Using this service, you can stream live TV and movies as well as watch recorded films and shows remotely, where you do not have access to the internet or television. With the help of this app, you can add and change parental controls on your devices and services as well as program your DVR.
What is Spectrum TV?
It is an application that was introduced for Android and iOS devices by Charter Communications. This service is available exclusively to Charter Spectrum Internet services and offers a wide range of movies and shows to choose from. You can watch all these and even stream live TV on any compatible screen or Smart TV.
This application can be used to cast from your smart device onto television with the help of Chromecast so you can make the most of your Spectrum experience. Chromecast is a Google device that connects to your TV, a screen, or monitor with an HDMI cable.
It also offers premium channel applications which not only provide streaming for their original shows but also offer a variety of shows and movies on Showtime, Starz, EPIX, and HBO.
Here’s a quick guiding video for your reference
How to Download Spectrum TV for PC?
Now you can use this application from your smart devices such as a tablet or phone but there are some ways to download this app on your PC. All you need to do is follow a few simple steps that will help you launch the Spectrum TV app on your laptop or computer.
- The first step is to download the BlueStacks emulator on your PC. When the download completes, install the application so it is ready to use.
- Once the installation for the emulator is complete, you can use your Google account to launch it.
- Then go to the My Apps section where you have to enter Spectrum TV into the search bar.
- The Spectrum TV app will appear among the search results. Click Download.
- Once the download for the application is complete, the app is ready to be used. You can then proceed to stream your favorite shows and browse through the new ones too.
Features of Spectrum TV
It offers many features that make it the application of choice for streaming. Some of the features that play a major role in the success of this application include:
- Use Any Monitor as a Screen: Once you download the application on your smart device, you can use it to run your favorite shows on any nearby Smart TV or compatible screen. With a monthly subscription fee, get access to thousands of movies, TV shows, clips, and even live streaming options which you can watch at home or on the go.
- Record to Watch Later: It allows you to record a TV show, movie, or live stream of your choice so you can watch it later or as many times as you want with the help of optional DVR services. In addition to that, you can edit and modify the DVR recordings, provided you have a DVR that is compatible with the Smart TV and the Spectrum TV app.
- Control Your TV: With this app, you receive a wide range of TV channels including Starz, EPIX, Showtime, and HBO. The channels allow you to watch shows and movies running so you can select what to watch among various channels, including the live shows and originals that run on these channels.
- Parental Controls: With this app, you can turn on parental controls to make sure the members of your household are watching shows that are safe for your kids. These blocks on certain content are implemented across all the devices that are connected to your Spectrum TV.
Alternative Apps for Spectrum TV
Some alternative apps that you can use:
Hulu is a streaming application that provides you with a massive library of content including movies, TV shows, and even live streams. This streaming service also offers sports with the Hulu + Live TV plan. You can also opt for an option of Hulu with no ads to enjoy your movies and shows uninterrupted.
Netflix is currently the most famous and widely used streaming app for TV shows and movies. This service entertains you with not only the best movies and TV shows to watch but also provides content in multiple languages and TV shows from different countries as well.
Sling TV offers two different packages to subscribe to; Sling Orange and Sling Blue. Sling Orange provides CNN, AMC, and ESPN along with 27 other channels in a 30 channel bundle. On the other hand, Sling Blue offers a bundle with 45 different channels including FOX and NBC.
The YouTube TV subscription offers more than 75 channels for a monthly subscription fee. Not only that, but it also provides you with unlimited cloud space for DVR so you can record as many movies and shows that you want and can also save stuff to be watched later.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many packages does Spectrum TV offer?
It offers 3 different packages, the Spectrum TV Select, Spectrum TV Silver, and the Spectrum TV Gold.
Which package of Spectrum TV is the most basic one?
The Spectrum TV Select is the most basic package offered by Spectrum TV.
How many channels are available with Spectrum TV Select?
Spectrum TV Select package offers 125 channels for streaming.
Do you get Netflix with a Spectrum TV subscription?
No, Netflix is a separate subscription and will not appear with Spectrum TV.