Wanna use Sidesync on PC? Follow our step-by-step guide to download SideSync for windows and enjoy the app on your pc.
An ultimate PC-mobile solution that lets the user share the screens, data, and windows between Samsung phone and PC or Samsung phone and Samsung tablet. The application provides the user with many functions such as file transferring, making calls, sending messages, forwarding calls, and so on. The application was officially developed and released by Samsung and got pretty popular among Samsung users to easily get the work done by connecting their mobile devices to their PC in an innovative and wireless way. Let’s get into the details of what all things you can do with SideSync.
|Name:||Sidesync for PC|
|Compatibility:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Security:||Checked – Virus Free|
Things You Can Do With SideSync
Mirror Phone Screen to PC
Well, it is pretty clear from the heading that SideSync mirrors your phone screen onto your computer, which means you can see everything happening on your phone screen. Also, you can control it from your system. Let’s see how it really works –
- Go to the dashboard of your SideSync on the computer screen.
- Hover over the menu bar and click the “Phone Screen” button.
That’s all. Your phone screen will be displayed on your computer screen.
You can minimize and maximize your screen using your mouse, so that you can use your computer for other purposes as well.
Control Phone with Keyboard and Mouse
The functionally of SideSync is not limited to just sharing the screen but you can also control it. By using your mouse and keyboard you can get access to the phone’s keyboard and mouse. Let’s have a look at the process, how to do it –
- Go to the SideSync dashboard.
- Click MORE > and then enable keyboard and mouse sharing.
- After doing that move the mouse cursor to the far right or left side on your computer screen.
- Doing so you will see that the mouse pointer will appear on the mobile devices well.
So, now you can control the device using the computer’s keyboard and mouse from any corner of your house.
Now if you are done with your work and want to disable it, all you have to do is –
- Go to the computer dashboard.
- Click on MORE and then disable keyboard and mouse sharing.
Share Files between Device and PC
Using SideSync you can share your files like images, videos, songs, etc very easily using drag-and-drop. Let’s have a look how it’s done –
Sending files from mobile devices to computer
- Go to the dashboard of SideSync, and then click on “Phone screen”.
- From the screen of a virtual mobile device, steer to the files or docs you want to copy to your computer.
- Select the file and drag it to the location on your computer where you want it to be stored.
Sending files from computer to mobile devices
- Go to the location on your computer where the file you want to move is stored.
- Then all you need to do is drag the selected file to the virtual mobile device screen.
That’s all. Your file will be saved in the folder of SideSync.
Make Phone Calls and Send Text Messages from PC
If your devices are linked with your computer using SideSync, then you can easily send messages, make a call or answer a call from your computer only.
Send messages from the computer: To send messages from your computer when your device is linked with it using SideSync all you need to do is – click on Apps > Messages > Compose. Then, click “Add Recipient” to select a contact to whom you want to send the text. After that, click the “Enter message” option to enter your message. Then simply click “Send”.
Make phone calls from your computer: From the phone screen displayed on your system click “Phone” and then type numbers on the keypad. After the call is connected, you’ll have to use your phone to talk to the other person.
Answer phone calls from your computer: When your phone rings a message will pop-up on the virtual mobile device screen on your computer. Then you’ll have to click on “Accept” and then use your phone to talk to the other person and if you want to reject the call simply click on “Reject”.
How to Download, Install, and Connect SideSync on PC?
The installation process is pretty simple and straightforward. Below are the minimum system requirements to download and install this application on PC.
Minimum System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP SP3 or higher (32 / 64 bit supported)
- CPU: Intel Pentium 1.8 GHz processor or higher (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz higher recommended)
- Memory: 1 GB RAM (recommended)
- Storage: At least 500 MB free space (recommended)
- Screen resolution: 1024 x 768 (600), 32 bit or above
- Required Software: DirectX 9.0C or above
Steps to Download Sidesync for Windows PC
- Download SideSync for PC from the official website. Go to the downloaded files folder and install the application by clicking Next and finish the installation process.
- Now the SideSync application is installed on your computer. It is time to install the same on your Samsung mobile device.
- Search for the application on the Play Store or download/install SideSync for mobile from the official website.
- Open the SideSync application on both your phone and PC. The PC will start to search for the SideSync enabled devices and will display your device’s name on the list. Click on it and enter the pin displayed on your mobile phone screen. There is also an option to scan the QR code from your Samsung’s phone as well.
- Click on Scan QR Code on your phone and scan the displayed QR code on your PC’s screen to connect the two devices.
- On successful connection, you will see your Samsung phone screen on your PC. You can control it with your keyboard and mouse to do various stuff like file transferring, making calls, sending texts, and browsing various apps.
That’s how you easily download, install, and connect Samsung phones with PCs. The transfer speed will also be great and you will have a lag-free experience. As this application can only connect Samsung phones to PC, it is compatible on other brand phones. So, let’s check some alternatives of this application that will work smoothly on most of the phones.
Alternatives of SideSync for PC
If you want to Transfer the files, data and Windows and if you don’t have Samsung Phone and Samsung PC, there here are some alternatives.
- Mobizen: A popular screen recorder application has developed from time to time and is now offering screen mirroring functionality. You can use the Wifi connection or a lightning cable to display the screen of your phone on a computer screen with the application or through the browser. You can download the Android application from Play Store.
- Vysor: The best thing about Vysor is that this application is compatible with all OS. You can add Vysor to the Chrome browser and can download the Android application. Easily connect the two using a USB cable and enjoy hassle-free file transfer and take other benefits as well.
- Scrcpy: Easily interact your Android screen with the desktop application, record your phone, and do some other tasks like opening the apps and getting some work done on your big screen. The user interface is also very user-friendly and the mirroring quality will also be great.
- AceThinker Mirror: Probably the best and most identical SideSync alternative is AceThinker Mirror. You need to install the app in your Android device and connect it to the app downloaded on the PC using Wifi and USB Cable. The screen of the smartphone will mirror easily allowing you to do multiple operations.
- Mirroid: A phone mirroring and control software that allows the users to mirror their Android phones easily on the computer. The application is best known for the lag-free experience that it offers which is great for playing mobile games by mirroring on the PC.
So, these are the best alternatives of SideSync for PC. However if you are using a Samsung phone, then using SideSync is the best option as it offers a great user experience. As the application is launched by Samsung, there is no scope for any malware or virus. Enjoy transferring the files and controlling your phone on PC. Have a great experience!