PLAYit is the gold standard for video playback and managing video files. The app supports a plethora of audio and video formats and is best for searching online videos. It has a built-in search option to look for videos directly on the internet and stream them to your device without the hassle of downloading.
|Name:||PLAYit for PC|
|Compatibility:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Security:||Checked – Virus Free|
What is PLAYit?
PLAYit is one of the best video players out there that will assist you in using the whole power of your phone to display videos like they were always meant to be shown. It consists of excellent user-friendly features like timer, night mode, and the option to change the decoder,
PLAYit for PC brings the same excellent features and experience from Android OS and is now available as a standalone PC application. The PC application is lightweight and supports a wide variety of file formats. There is support for music detection and lyrics viewing options as well that will make your media consumption hours much more fun and enjoyable.
Features of PLAYit
PLAYit for PC is a feature-packed media player that is tiny in size but can provide the best media consumption experience on a screen. Some of the top PLAYit features include:
- One-click conversion: Convert your video songs to audios at the convenience of a click.
- Floating and Background play: Want to work while the movie plays? Use the floating window to stay on top of things while watching your favorite movie.
- Wide range of support: Support is available for more than 10 different codecs.
- Direct search and share: Directly search for videos through the in-app search option and get access to millions of online videos and resources.
- Smart gesture/drag control: The convenience of adjusting the brightness and the volume through a swipe gesture is brought over to the PC. Simply click and drag to produce the required effect.
- Auto-manage local files: Have a mess on your phone/laptop? The auto-manage local files option brings all the videos in the device together so you can manage them and keep what’s important.
Minimum System Requirements
The PLAYit media player does not require any extra resources and uses the same resources as required by a standard Windows installation without the need for large storage. The minimum requirements for PLAYit media player include:
- Single-core CPU
- 4 GBs of RAM
- 19 MBs of free disk space
- Windows 7 or later
How to Install PLAYit for PC for free?
PLAYit for PC is available to download through the PLAYit official website. Downloading and installing the app is easy and only takes about 5 minutes. To get PLAYit on PC you need to follow the following steps:
For Windows-based PC
- Head over to the official PLAYit website and select your operating system (Windows).
- A download will initiate that will download the executable setup file for the PLAYit media player.
- Allow the required permissions and select the save directory and proceed with the installation.
- Once installed, access the app through the Start menu or a desktop shortcut.
For macOS-based PCs
For macOS-based laptops, there is no native support from PLAYit, but the app can still be enjoyed using an Android emulator.
- Using the official website of any of the top Android emulators, download the application.
- Once installed, access the emulator from the finder.
- Open the app and access Google Play Store from the main screen, or through the App Drawer.
- Sign in using your Google account.
- Click on the search bar and type PLAYit.
- Install the application and enjoy the freedom of playing any video file.
Here’s a short video for your reference:
Alternative Apps that you install instead of PLAYit:
VLC Media Player
VLC has been around for more than a decade now and is the most used video player. Available across all the popular platforms, it rose to popularity because of the versatile support that it offers for almost all kinds of video files. Whatever the codec, VLC can play the video.
Apart from the functionality, VLC offers controls for slow-motion playing, fast-forwarding, and speeding up the playback. There are options for side-loading a custom subtitles file and playing videos over a LAN connection.
Windows 10 is the most refined OS from Microsoft and their native Windows apps show that in every way. Microsoft Photos has come a long way and has brought over the best of Windows Media Player, Windows Project Maker, Windows Paint, and many more Windows apps and has created a perfect blend in the shape of Microsoft Photos.
The app can do most video playback and basic editing tasks adequately. Although it is not as effective as VLC, it can do a well enough job of handling your photos and videos on its own.
Media Player Classic
The king of simplicity when it comes to video playback; Media Player Classic is the most ‘classic’ player out there that has a minimalistic UI and does not create a bottleneck on your resources. All the other video players tax your RAM and Processing power while using any codec. MPC is the lightest of all the players out there that makes sure your PC keeps functioning smoothly while you enjoy your videos. The Player packs basic video playback features like fast forward and slow-down playback and is the choice of everyone looking for a capable yet lightweight media player.
Frequently Asked Questions about PLAYit
What is the PLAYit app?
PLAYit – HD Video Player is an excellent video player that supports the most popular video file formats across the internet. This player packs support for AVI, FLV, 3GP, MPG, M4V, TS, MOV, MKV, MP4, RMVB, and WMV file types.
Is PLAYit available for PC?
Originally launched for Android OS, PLAYit is now available for download and use on Windows OS as well. If you want to run PLAYit on your macOS-based PC, you’ll have to use an Android emulator.
How do I download the PLAYit app?
PLAYit is free to download and use and can be downloaded through the official PLAYit website. Click on ‘For Windows’ to initiate the download of the executable file.