Engineered by a Korean Company called MOOII Tech, PhotoScape is an all-in-one graphics editing solution. The software offers various features and tools to its users and is available for all Windows versions. So whether you want to clone, de-color, sharpen, or crop your picture, you can now do it with the help of PhotoScape.
The downloading procedure of PhotoScape is relatively straightforward. This guide will tell you everything you need to know about PhotoScape, its downloading process, and some fantastic features. Let’s dive in!
What is PhotoScape?
PhotoScape is one of the rare photo-editing software that is entirely free and has broad functionality. As a result, you will not need to download third-party applications. You can now retouch skin, manage photos, correct colors, and view your images on this software. Moreover, it enables you to perform batch editing as well. For this reason, it is known as one of the top-notch photo-editing software out there.
The default languages of PhotoScape are English and Korean. However, some additional language packages are available for download as well. The software’s primary function is to resize and tweak your image and allow the users to perform photo enhancements that include resizing, printing, cutting, color adjustment, and GIF animation.
The best part about using PhotoScape is its editing toolkit. The toolkit includes a set of well-labeled features for the users. It is simple enough to be used by beginners yet extremely powerful as well. That’s why it can efficiently perform all tasks to perfection.
Furthermore, the software supports almost every image support. This allows the users to edit their RAW files on the program as well. The controls of all the tools are straightforward. Thus, you will not need to spend your time learning them. Besides, you can even use it as an analog to free photo mosaic software.
Features of PhotoScape
PhotoScape offers several incredible features to its users. This is what makes this software a popular choice among them. Let’s check out some of its features below.
- The page frame feature allows the users to merge multiple photos to create one final image. Not only this, but you can also use multiple images to create a final animated picture.
- The splitter feature of the PhotoScape allows the users to slice a picture into several different pieces. You can attach these multiple pieces both horizontally and vertically to create one final image.
- You can easily print portrait shots and passport photos with the help of the printing feature. Furthermore, you can also print graphs and calendar papers with it.
- PhotoScape lets you preview each change before you make it. This feature helps the users ensure that they have picked the best effect. Moreover, you can even adjust the sliding scale in the preview window.
- With the face search feature, you can now find similar faces on the internet and create a slideshow of the pictures in your folder as well.
Minimum System Requirements for PhotoScape
PhotoScape can only be operated in all the versions of Microsoft Windows System up to Windows 10 and is not available in MAC or Linux Systems. A different version by the name of PhotoScape X is available for macOS. The minimum system requirements for PhotoScape are as follows.
- Operating System: Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 10
- Memory: 512MB or higher
- Processor: P4 or higher
How to Download PhotoScape for Windows?
You can easily download PhotoScape for your Windows as the process is relatively straightforward. Here’s how you can download the software on your PC.
- Go to the official website of PhotoScape and click on “Download Now”.
- Once the download is complete, click “Open” to continue.
- A pop-up window for the PhotoScape setup will appear. Click on “I Agree” to install.
- You will get an optional offer to install Google Drive. Untick the Check Box and click on “Next” to continue.
- A progress bar will appear. You will be notified when the PhotoScape is successfully installed.
- Click on the “Finish” button to close the setup wizard. The software will launch automatically.
Alternative Software That You Can Use on Your PC
The internet offers more than a hundred alternatives to PhotoScape that you can use on various platforms. The three most popular alternative apps are mentioned below:
The most common alternative to PhotoScape is Adobe Photoshop. It is the most advanced digital imaging software in the world. You can do it all on this software from editing a large batch of photos to creating digital paintings. Not only this, but it also gives you the power to control your 2D and 3D image manipulation and composing.
Although the interface of Adobe Photoshop has not changed much over the years, its functionalities have increased a lot. This gives the software a lot of potentials. But, learning to use the software can take a lot of time due to its multiple features.
Affinity Photo is popular software that you can use instead of PhotoScape. The most prominent feature of this program is that you can easily use it on macOS and Windows. In addition to this, the speed, precision, and power of Affinity Photo are great too. That’s why it has become one of the top choices of people when it comes to using photo editing software.
Whatever your genre of choice is, Affinity Photo has the most advanced tools to help you. It also has a highly user-friendly interface that is not only ideal for newcomers but also the users switching from other software.
Pixlr is one of the greatest photo-editing software that allows you to transform everyday images into artwork. The best thing about Pixlr is that it is absolutely free to use. However, even though the software is entirely free to use, it offers some great functionalities.
Another great feature of this photo-editing software is that the images that you edit are entirely private. The software does not store any copy of your pictures in its memory as well. This is what makes it one of the most trusted software to edit your pictures.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Is PhotoScape safe?
Ans: PhotScape software is entirely safe to use on your PC.
Q2. How much does PhotoScape cost?
Ans: The software is a free application. However, there is another version with the name of PhotoScape X Pro that costs $39.99.
Q3. Can PhotoScape edit RAW files?
Ans: PhotoScape can edit both RAW and JPG files effectively.
Q4. Does PhotoScape support layers?
Ans: PhotoScape does not support layers. Thus, you cannot selectively edit just one part of your picture.