Orfox is an Android Browser that uses the similar source code which the Tor browser uses. This source code is based on Firefox and provides safe and secure browsing to mobile users. Released on 23 September 2015, It has managed to win the hearts of millions of users. Moreover, within three years, this browsing app was already installed more than 14 million times.
|Name:||Orfox for PC|
|Compatibility:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Security:||Checked – Virus Free|
To use the app properly, you need to install Orbot Proxy first. Perfect for seamless and convenient browsing, It is worthy enough to become your favorite browser. Plus, you can even access the restricted websites with this browser.
What is Orfox?
A safe and secure Android browser, It makes browsing a lot easier for mobile users. This browser can prevent hackers from keeping an eye on the websites that the users log into. Plus, your current location is also protected, which makes it trouble-free to visit restricted sites. In addition, there is an option available called “Request Mobile Site.” With the help of this feature, you can use the website’s mobile version.
To enable any sort of proxy access, It adds patches to the Android Java code layer of the device. In addition, the privacy level is so high in this browser that Orfox removes the permission demands like permission to access the microphone, camera, location, and NFC. Hence, it keeps your privacy a priority and provides you with shielded browsing.
How to Download Orfox for Windows?
As Orfox is an Android app, it cannot be downloaded directly on your PC. To download the Orfox app for your Windows, you need to download an Android app player called Bluestacks first. It is an emulator that allows you to use Android apps on your PC.
- Download BlueStacks from this link.
- After downloading, double click on the BlueStacks icon to launch it.
- Now, log into your Google Account on BlueStacks.
- Press the “My Apps” button in the emulator.
- Search for “Orfox.”
- Install the app.
- When downloaded, it will be ready to run on your Windows.
Features of Orfox
Orfox app, which has made browsing a piece of cake for Android users, comes with a wide range of features. Here are some of them:
- Privacy-driven: One of the best features of Orfox is that it is the ultimate privacy protector. This browser has a knack for blocking out click baits and ad trackers. Security is something that everyone wants in a browser, and Orfox lives up to the standard. Your private data won’t be leaked, and hackers will never be able to reach your door if you are using Orfox.
- Incognito browsing: If you are looking for a browser that will allow you to perform anonymous browsing, then Orfox is a perfect choice. There is an option “Guest Mode” available on it. After using the browser when you log out, all of your online activities will vanish automatically, and there will be no traces left.
- Multi-lingual: What makes this browser ideal for global usage is its support for multiple languages. From English to Portuguese, from French to German, from Japanese to Arabic, this browser comes in a total of 44 languages. It does not matter from which part of the world you belong; you will be able to use it without any hurdles.
- Free to use: Orfox Browser provides you with a free license, and you do not have to pay anything from your pocket to enjoy it fully. All you have to do is download it on your PC or Android and browse your heart out. Although it is free, the features are so extraordinary that it feels as if you are using some premium browser.
- Bookmark sites: Like any other good browser, Orfox also allows you to bookmark various sites and save them for later use. There is no limit to how many pages or sites you can bookmark. You can save as much as you can without having to worry about anything.
Alternative Apps to Orfox
Although It is an excellent app in every aspect, downloading it for Windows with the help of an emulator is a risky task. You never know what kind of viruses an emulator can bring with it. However, that does not mean safe browsing is not an option for you. Here are some of the alternatives to the Orfox app.
An open-source web browser, Mozilla Firefox is a widely used browser that makes surfing through the web a fun and easy task. It is entirely privacy-focused and provides tabbed browsing as well. You do not need an emulator to download it.
One of the best browsers globally, Google Chrome, is developed by Google to provide seamless browsing. Chrome is the perfect alternative to Orfox for your Windows with a minimalist user interface and automatic updating feature. Even now, Chrome has millions of users worldwide, and most of them give positive reviews about this browser.
A secure, fast, and easy to use browser; Opera falls into the category of best browsers across the globe. Moreover, the built-in VPN and built-in Adblocker increase its value ten-fold. Plus, the “workspaces” option enables you to switch between various tabs quite easily. Compatible with Windows, Android, Mac, Linux, Blackberry, and many other devices, Opera browser is a treat for all.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Is Orfox a virus?
No, Orfox is not a virus, and it does not even bring any virus with it. Perfectly safe to use, It ensures the protection of your privacy and data.
Is Orfox a VPN?
Orfox is not really a VPN, but it works like one as it allows you to access restricted websites and protects your privacy.
Does the Orfox browser get stuck?
No, it does not get stuck as long as your internet connection is intact.
Who developed Orfox?
Orfox is developed by The Guardian Project and The Tor Project.
Does Orfox ensure complete anonymity?
Yes, it ensures absolute anonymity so that nobody can know what sites you have been visiting.
Will my location be visible if I use Orfox?
No, your location will be kept hidden as Orfox allows incognito browsing. Nobody will be able to track your location.