MSI Afterburner is a graphics card software with a million users. Being a highly efficient tool used for managing video cards, this particular software gives you ultimate control over your hardware. Furthermore, the faultless features of customizable fan speed and monitoring the GPU make it an excellent standard of overclocking utilities.
Also, MSI Afterburner is a versatile software and is compatible with all sorts of GPUs. It doesn’t matter if the manufacturer is Nvidia, AMD, MSI, or EVGA, everything works well with MSI Afterburner.
|Name:||MSI Afterburner for PC|
|Compatibility:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Security:||Checked – Virus Free|
A remarkable tool that allows you to find a precise balance between temperature and performance, and gives you a complete hold on your GPU. You no longer have to falter when it comes to testing the limits of your graphics card because MSI Afterburner has got your back.
What is MSI Afterburner?
A free software that plays a significant role in overclocking the GPU of your computer, MSI Afterburner is a blessing in disguise for all those who want to exceed the limits of their graphic cards. You can keep a thorough check on your hardware’s proper functioning and performance and push it as much as you want without having any fear in mind.
Developed by MSI; one of the best gaming laptops developers, this software comes with the best benchmarking abilities that enable you to keep an eye on all the tweaks made and how they affect or alter the performance of your computer’s GPU.
How to Download MSI Afterburner?
There isn’t any hard and fast rule to follow to download MSI Afterburner. Just follow these steps, and the deed will be done in no time.
- Go to the website of MSI Afterburner.
- Click on the “download” button under the MSI Afterburner.
- After the completion of the download, unzip the MSI Afterburner setup file.
- Double click on the executable file.
- Now follow the installation process. Do not forget to install the Kombustor.
- After the installation process is completed, the software is ready to be executed.
Features of MSI Afterburner
MSI Afterburner comes with a plethora of remarkable and extraordinary features. Here are some of them that make this particular software an ace in the world of technology.
- Overclocking: The performance of your GPU can easily be boosted with an MSI Afterburner. It makes overclocking a much simpler and easier task with the help of precision settings. Your GPU will be able to perform at the maximum speed without causing any damage to the hardware.
- Customized fan profile: This particular feature provides you with a user-defined fan speed curve. Depending on the temperature of the GPU, the fan speed will increase or decrease. You can make use of your GPU without having a fear of it blowing up from heat because the fans will dissipate the heat on their own.
- Monitoring: This allows you to keep a check on the hardware performance details. From GPU temperature to core and memory clock speed, from voltage and FPS to usage percentage, it monitors everything with the help of graphs and even an On-screen display.
- Video Capture: The add-on application called Predator that MSI Afterburner uses, enables the users to capture videos in various formats. There is a wide range of options like framerate limit, resolution up to 1080p, and compression types for you to choose from.
- Benchmarking: There is a specific tool named MSI Kombustor that enables you to benchmark your GPU’s stability and thermal performance. Supporting both DirectX and OpenGL, this benchmark tool also allows you to keep an eye on how various adjustments affect the overall functioning of the GPU.
MSI Afterburner Alternatives
If you want to try other software or due to some error, you cannot get your hands on MSI Afterburner, here are some alternatives that are equally efficient and compatible.
FPS Monitor is free software that monitors the state of your PC’s hardware. The plus point is that it displays all the information in the form of an overlay in-game. You do not have to go through the hassle switch to another display to track the performance of your computer’s GPU. It will keep you updated and show you the information in-game.
ASUS GPU Tweak
ASUS GPU Tweak is special software that allows you to analyze and monitor your GPU’s performance quite efficiently. It comes with various sliders and hotkeys that you can use to easily adjust the clocks; be it core or memory, fan speed, or core voltage. Very light and stable, this app also has the ability to keep the previously set settings unaltered even after you log out of it.
Yet another great application, Stats, enables you to monitor the macOS system. From monitoring your computer’s CPU usage to keeping an eye on memory usage, from informing you about the battery level to keeping you updated regarding disk utilization, this app is an all-in-one deal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Is there any virus in MSI Afterburner?
Ans: No, MSI Afterburner is free from any sort of malicious bugs or viruses.
Q2. Does MSI Afterburner work with Nvidia?
Ans: Yes, MSI Afterburner goes well with any sort of graphic card, even if it is a Nvidia-based one.
Q3. Does MSI Afterburner damage the GPU?
Ans: Not at all. MSI Afterburner keeps the GPU safe at all costs. Plus, even if you push the GPU too hard and things seem to get worse, you can always dial the GPU speeds back to a safe level.
Q4. Does MSI Afterburner affect performance?
Ans: In most cases, MSI Afterburner has managed to not leave any adverse effect on the performance of the games. However, there are a few people that have pointed out the problem.
Q5. Does MSI Afterburner reduce the lifespan of the GPU?
Ans: No, this software does not reduce the lifespan of the GPU.
Q6. Do I need to keep MSI Afterburner running?
Ans: No, you do not have to keep MSI Afterburner running. Once updated, the overclocking will continue even after you shut down the app.