MEmu is a free Android emulator that allows you to download a whole catalog of Android games to your Windows devices. As compared to other Android emulators, It provides the most outstanding compatibility and highest performance to its users. That’s why it is known as one of the most renowned Android emulators out there.
|Name:||Memu for PC|
|Compatibility:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Security:||Checked – Virus Free|
The best thing about MEmu is that you can easily set up this Android emulator on your PC. This guide will tell you everything you need to know about downloading and using MEmu on your PCs, its features, and some common alternatives.
What is MEmu?
MEmu is an Android emulator that simulates Android OS on your PC. You can now install, use, and uninstall any Android game on your Windows PC with the help of this software. You do not even need to have a powerful computer to run the games smoothly. Enjoy all the exclusive games available on mobile phones and tablets on your PC.
The software not only lets you download Android applications on your PC, but it also provides stunning graphics to the users as well. Some of the rich features of the software include multiple instances, keymapping, game automation, controller support, and macro keymapping.
Although installing games with other Android emulators can be highly complicated, this is not the case with MEmu. All you need to do is click the APK button visible on the right side of the interface, pick the game you want to download, and just wait. The game will be available to play within seconds.
It works on your Windows PC by simulating a sandbox of Android OS. To provide better performance to the users, it takes advantage of hardware virtualization. This lets your PC simulate multiple cores just like any Android device does.
The controllers in it are usually already set up. This allows the users to play games with either the keyboard or mouse immediately. Moreover, you can even modify the configuration of the controls if you don’t like them. It lets you use an Xbox 360 controller as well.
Features of MEmu
It offers some incredible features to its users. For this reason, it is one of the most renowned Android emulators among the users. Let’s check out some of its excellent features below.
- MEmu is the first Android emulator that is designed to run video games that require a 5.1 Lollipop. Although it comes with Android KitKat 4.4.4, you can easily upgrade the software to 5.1 Lollipop.
- The interface of MEmu is beautiful and elegant. The desktop interface of the software has all the necessary elements that the users require. Moreover, the Play Store app is pre-installed in the emulator as well.
- Keyword Mapping is another helpful feature of the MEmu Android emulator. It lets the users map the keys of their joysticks or keyboard according to their preference. This will provide the best gaming experience to the gamers.
- MEmu offers different parameters to the users to adjust for enhanced performance. For example, you can change the number of the CPU cores, resolution of the screen, the memory of the machine, graphics, and a lot more.
- MEmu Android emulator lets you share files between an Android and a Windows device. There is no restriction on the types of files that you can share between the devices. Whether you want to share videos, pictures, audio, documents, or any other file, MEmu will assist you perfectly.
Minimum System Requirements to Install MEmu
The minimum system requirements to download MEmu on your Windows PC are as follows:
- Operating System: WinXP SP3, Win7, Wni8, Win8.1, Win10
- Memory: 2GB or higher
- Processor: Intel or AMD CPU
How to Install MEmu for Windows?
Check out this quick tutorial video:
The best thing about MEmu is that its downloading process is incredibly smooth and easy. Let’s check out the installation method below.
- Go to the official website of MEmu and download the offline installer.
- Run the setup file after downloading the offline installer.
- A Quick Install button will appear. Click on it.
- The emulator will start installing. This might take a few minutes, so be patient.
- A Launch Now button will appear once the installation is complete. Click on it.
- The software will be ready to use after some loading time.
- Log in to your Google Play Store and click on Next.
- Agree to the terms and conditions that appear and start searching for apps and games.
Alternative Software That You Can Use on Your PC
Although MEmu is one of the best Android emulators out there, it does not support macOS. This is where the need for alternative software rises. The three most popular alternative programs for MEmu are mentioned below.
NoxPlayer is one of the most popular Android emulators that you can use instead of MEmu. It is built by BigNox and is entirely free to use. You can not only download games with this software but other Android applications as well.
NoxPlayer is highly reliable because the users do not face any periodic failures and glitches with it. Moreover, the software offers a lot of enhancements as well. That’s why it is the perfect alternative software for MEmu.
Another commonly used emulator that you can use in place of MEmu is BlueStacks App Player. Built by an American company, BlueStacks, it helps the users download games and applications that are not available as software.
Although the basic features of the emulator are free to use, you need to pay a monthly subscription fee to use the advanced features. The best thing about this emulator is that it can run an estimate of 1.5 million apps on your PCs.
Droid4X is a full-featured emulator that lets you download apps and games on your PC. The main reason behind the popularity of this emulator is that it is entirely free to use. In addition to this, it is both reliable and stable as well.
Moreover, the software even lets you record your emulator screen while you are using it. Configuring your keyboard with Droid4X is relatively straightforward too. This is why it is known as a great substitute to MEmu.
Frequently Asked Questions about MEmu
Q1. Is MEmu safe to use?
Ans: Yes, the software is entirely safe to use on your Windows PC.
Q2. Can MEmu run without a graphics card?
Ans: MEmu can run perfectly well without a graphics card but, DirectX mode will be the default option then.
Q3. Is the MEmu emulator free?
Ans: Yes, MEmu is a free Android emulator to play games on your PC.
Q4. Is MEmu suitable for low-end PC?
Ans: MEmu is a lightweight Android emulator that works smoothly for low-end PCs to play games.