iVMS-4500 is a video management software that allows monitoring of video feeds from the HikVision cameras through mobile devices such as Android or iPhone. It supports the entire lineup of HikVision products, and can seamlessly connect with the HikVision DVR to provide you with video monitoring on the go.
|Name:||iVMS-4500 for PC|
|Compatibility:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Security:||Checked – Virus Free|
Your phone can access the DVR wirelessly through the phone’s internet; 4G or Wi-Fi. Once this software is connected to your DVR, you can comfortably monitor the video feeds, save snapshots and manage several devices remotely.
What is iVMS-4500?
HikVision built iVMS-4500 software to provide seamless monitoring of their surveillance systems remotely. It is their official software designed for Android and iPhone, which is why it cannot be installed on a PC the normal way. We will share a step-by-step guide on how to run iVMS-4500 on your computer so that you can monitor your cameras from the comfort of your couch.
iVMS-4500 has a great feature set. You can observe real-time video feed with pinch-to-zoom and swipe gestures just like watching a video on your phone. You can take a snapshot anytime during your preview and can set up multiple devices with as many preset profiles to configure each device separately.
iVMS-4500 supports the entire range of HikVision products, including DVRs, cameras, and speed domes with H.264 codecs. Any HikVision product with network features can connect with iVMS-4500, providing you the option to control it remotely. It also supports multiple resolutions from 540p up to 1080p.
How to Get iVMS-4500 on PC?
Since no official support is available for iVMS-4500 on PC, the workaround is to install an Android emulator on your computer. Emulators change the original platform so that you can run Android OS in an application on your PC. Some of the best emulators in the market are:
- NOX Player
- MEmu Play
You can choose the one you like and download its executable file. Once it is downloaded, install it by double-clicking the file or choose ‘Open’ from the right-click menu.
- Go to the official website of any of the above-mentioned emulators and download the executable file for the emulator.
- Once downloaded, double click the executable file, or run as administrator to initiate the installation of the emulator.
- On the following screens select the install directory and allow permissions that the application needs to operate optimally.
- After completing the installation, double-click the application icon from the desktop or the start menu/finder to launch it.
- On the homepage of the application, click on Play Store, or go to the App drawer to open Play Store. Sign in using your Google credentials.
- Once signed in, click on the search bar at the top and type iVMS-4500.
- Click install, and you’ll be able to access iVMS-4500 from the App drawer once the installation finishes.
Features of iVMS-4500
iVMS-4500 provides an impressive lineup of features that will make your surveillance convenient and handy. Its features include:
- Real-time video preview of up to 16 channels.
- PTZ control and camera movement; you can use pinch-to-zoom in preview mode, or adjust the camera viewing angle to suit your needs.
- iVMS-4500 allows remote playback of CCTV Cameras from anywhere in the world. The cameras need to be connected to the internet to use this feature.
- Brightness calibration can be done through the app so that you always get a crisp and clear view of the cameras.
- The App allows the user to activate presets or change configurations remotely
- Screenshots or videos can be taken remotely and stored.
- i-VMS-4500 can manage up to 256 devices. Create/modify/delete device profiles.
- Support for multiple resolutions. Users can choose between 480p, 720p, or 1080p viewing experiences.
- iVMS-4500 has in-built support for Hik-Connect. It is a proprietary P2P service from HikVision.
Check out this video if you wanna know how to use iVMS 4500 :-
Alternative Apps on Your PC
While iVMS-4500 has huge potential, there are many comparable apps out there. Some notable mentions include:
This is a third-party application that supports an entire range of DVRs, cameras, webcams, and video encoders. There is a free version and a paid version. It can handle almost all popular IP camera encoded extensions, such as H.264, MPEG, and others. The support is not limited to HikVision, which makes it more versatile. If you have cameras from different manufacturers, TinyCam Monitor can help you manage all of them under one interface.
IpCam is an older app that boasts many useful features such as motion detection and 2-way audio support for baby monitoring. It even has an in-app purchase upgrade for Record Mode, which provides storage, playback, and export to gallery features on any device it is running on. Access to this app can be restricted with a password, and it provides a browser integration system to work on your computer.
OWLR IP Camera Viewer
This piece of software supports several popular camera brands such as DLink, Wanscam, and more. It provides hassle-free and easy connectivity with its AutoDiscover function. The software also boasts a minimalistic user interface to allow the user to focus more on the video and less on the controls.
Although many great alternatives exist out there, we recommend iVMS-4500 if you are using HikVision products because of the seamless integration, as both are from the same company. Other applications are mostly generic software that offer support for products from various manufacturers, which might make interfacing with some devices tedious.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How to install iVMS-4500 on a PC?
Ans: To install iVMS-4500 on a PC, you’ll first need to install an android emulator and use the Google Playstore application in that emulator to download and install the iVMS-4500.
Q2. What is iVMS-4500?
Ans: It’s a surveillance management software for mobile devices, created by HikVision, to handle HikVision DVRs and video encoders.
Q3. What are the reasons for iVMS-4500 not working?
Ans: This can happen if the device has not been configured properly, or if your internet connection is poor. There may be other underlying causes, of which an unstable network is mostly the top cause.