Formerly known as Hangout Meet, Google Meet is a business communication app developed by Google. It is a free video-conferencing app that is available for both Android and iOS devices. Now anyone with a Google account can initiate an online meeting with up to 100 participants in each session with the help of Google Meet.
|Name:||Google Meet for PC|
|Compatibility:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Security:||Checked – Virus Free|
Although the app was primarily introduced to web browsers, you can even download it on PCs. In this guide, we will tell you everything about downloading Google Meet for PC, its incredible features, and some common alternatives as well.
What is Google Meet?
It is a popular and accessible video conferencing app that lets businesses carry out their conferences. The basic features of the app are free to use. You can create a meeting for up to 60 minutes and with up to 100 participants for free.
If you want to avail the app’s additional features, you can choose from its different plans. Unlike other virtual conferencing platforms, the pricing plans of the this app are pretty inexpensive. The Enterprise Plan of the app even lets the users invite up to 250 participants in a single meeting.
The platform is designed in such a way that it can easily handle a large number of participants. The screen share feature of the app lets you share the screen with multiple participants as well. In addition to this, the picture quality is also clear and concise too.
As compared to other G-suite tools, the interface of it is both attractive and intuitive. This makes the app extremely easy to be used by everyone. For example, the commands within the app are clearly labeled. Not only this, but the interface is small as well. As a result, the users are not confused within the app, and the conversations also get more manageable.
Here’s a quick tutorial video about ‘How to use Google Meet’ for your convenience !
How to Download Google Meet for PC
Although you can use Google Meet on your PC using any modern web browser, some people want to install it for easier access as well. The downloading process of the app is extremely straightforward.
You can download it with the help of any working emulator such as MEmu or BlueStacks. Let’s check out the installation method using BlueStacks below.
- Go to the official website of BlueStacks and find the .exe file in the download folder.
- Double click on the .exe file to start the downloading process.
- A pop-up message will appear. Click on Yes.
- Wait for a few minutes for the downloading process to complete.
- Configure your BlueStacks Emulator by selecting your preferred language.
- Launch the emulator and follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- Log in to your Google Play account in your emulator.
- Type Google Meet in the search bar.
- Click Install. The installation process will take a few minutes.
- You can start using Google Meet on your PC once it is installed.
Features of Google Meet
It offers several outstanding features to its users. This is why the app is a popular choice among them. Some of its incredible features are mentioned below.
- It is compatible with any device. You can join a meeting from your PC, Android, or iOS device.
- The app has a variety of chat features that provide a smooth chat experience to the users. You even have the option to send text messages or files.
- The live polling feature of this app enables all the participants to participate in live decision-making. As a result, decisions can be taken immediately.
- The video and audio preview screen let you adjust your camera and mic and see how you look before joining the meeting. Not only this, but you will also get a preview of the participants that have already joined the meeting.
- The layouts and screen settings of it are highly adjustable. Therefore, you can easily switch the layout in a video meeting to display the content and participants. If you want to switch the layout, all you need to do is click the three dots visible in the lower corner of the Meet screen.
Alternative Apps That You Can Install and Use on Your PC
Even though the features mentioned above of Google Meet are highly compelling, there is no proven way to download the app on your PC. For this reason, some people opt for alternative apps. The three most popular alternative apps for this app are mentioned below.
Zoom is one of the leading video conferencing apps and a great alternative to Google Meet. It allows virtual interaction with co-workers when physical meetings are not possible. For this reason, the app is a massive success in many social events.
Zoom is becoming essential for all online teams wanting to carry out their daily work without any disruption. The best thing about this app is that it even lets you record your meeting sessions to view later.
Another excellent alternative to Google Meet is GoToMeeting. It is becoming a favorite tool for online meetings, teleconferencing, and sales demonstrations. The app is highly flexible and can be used from any web browser or mobile phone device.
Additionally, GoToMeeting is highly affordable as well. For this reason, it is one of the top choices of the companies that have employees present all over the country. It helps them conduct a virtual meeting instead of having the employees fly to the headquarters for the big annual conference.
TeamViewer is another fast and secure online meeting app that you can use in place of Google Meet. It was developed in Uhingen, Germany, in the year 2005. The app is compatible with multiple platforms such as Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android.
You can either install it directly on your PC or run a Quick Support Version that does not require any installation. In addition, it has a range of powerful features that allows desktop sharing and file transfer between computers extremely smooth.
Frequently Asked Questions about Google Meet
Is Google Meet free to use?
While the basic features of Google Meet are entirely free to use, the additional features require you to pay a subscription fee.
Is Google Meet safe to use?
Yes, Google Meet is safe to use as it takes advantage of Google Cloud’s secure infrastructure to help you secure your data.
Does the Google Meet link expire?
The link remains active for as long as the meeting is going on. It expires after the meeting has ended.
Do you need a Google account to use Google Meet?
You do not require a Google Meet account to participate in a Google meet meeting. But, if you don’t have a Google account, someone from the meeting must grant you access to join it.