Google Earth is a popular geo-browser that gives you access to aerial and satellite imagery along with other geographical data related to our planet. Developed by Keyhole Inc., it was previously known as Keyhole Earth Viewer. However, in 2005, Google rebranded the software, hence, Google Earth came into existence.
The updates that it has received have turned it into an advanced program with high-resolution aerial imagery and sophisticated GIS data.
|Name:||Google Earth for PC|
|Compatibility:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Security:||Checked – Virus Free|
Features of Google Earth
Google Earth has a plethora of outstanding tools and features. They contribute to making it one of the best and most advanced Earth viewing platforms globally.
- Time-lapse: This feature allows the users to know how this world evolved by virtually taking a tour of the whole world. You can visit the places you like and see what changes have taken place so far.
- 3D imagery: You can see the buildings, places, houses, rivers, and everything as it is on Google Earth. It feels as if you are standing in that place at the moment and wandering around.
- Fast Speed: No matter which part of the world you belong to or which location you are looking for, Google Earth will show you everything within seconds. The speed is as fast as a flash.
- Rotate, zoom, pan, and tilt: You can look at the satellite imagery of a particular place on Earth, not only from one point of view. You can easily zoom in or zoom out, pan, tilt, and even rotate as per your ease.
- Additional Globes: Moreover, Google Earth does not just focus on Earth only. There are other globes available, including Mars and Moon. Plus, you can even view the night sky through this software.
- Voyager: This feature provides interactive tours, layers, and quizzes to enlighten the users about the world and its day-to-day evolution. Documentarians and scientists usually present this experience.
- Friendly User Interface: The best thing about this software is that it is easy to use, and everything is organized very clearly.
Minimum System Requirements
Downloading Google Earth is an extremely easy task; however, some requirements cannot be ignored. To use it effectively on a PC, make sure to keep these conditions in mind.
- CPU: AMD 2400xp+ or Pentium 4 2.4 GHz
- RAM: At Least 512 MB
- Hard Disk space: Minimum 2GB free
- Net Speed: 768 Kbits/sec
- Screen: 1280×1024, 32-bit True Color
- Graphics Card: 3D-capable with 32MB of VRAM
How to Download Google Earth Pro for PC?
As Google Earth is a software that is compatible with Windows Operating System, you can easily download it on your PC. Follow the steps below, and Google Earth will be at your service within an instant.
- Navigate to the Google Earth download page.
- There will be a button “Agree and Download”; click it.
- A Thank You page will appear on the screen while the downloading will begin in the background automatically.
- When the download is finished, you will see an alert box pointing at the .exe file.
- Click the “Save” button on it and finish the installation process.
- The download is completed, and Google Earth is ready to be launched.
How to Use Google Earth?
Although Google Earth covers the whole world in broad detail, it does not require any hard and fast rules. You have to follow some simple steps, and you will become a pro in no time.
- Open the Google Earth software on your computer.
- On the upper left side, you will find a search bar. Type any place that you want to find in it.
- A map will appear. You can drag it around to move from one place to another.
- To see things more clearly, use the zoom in and zoom out option.
- To understand the angle in a better way, in the top right corner, you will see a wheel. Click on it to alter the angles.
- You can turn the aerial view into a street view using a horizontal bar in the top right corner.
- When you find the picture of the place you are looking for, you can scroll through different dates to see other images of the exact location taken on a different day. In the bottom left-hand corner, you can find the date.
In short, once you enter Google Earth, you will naturally be able to figure out how to use it. The software has got everything covered for you.
Alternatives to Google Earth
If you are unable to download Google Earth on your computer for some reason, you can always choose its alternatives. These are some of the best alternatives to Google Earth:
Google Map is one of the most widely used apps used by people to find various locations. This app provides you with the required travel information and maps. From highlighting the distance between two places to showing you the best routes, traveling from one place to another is a lot easier.
Google Street View
As the name suggests, Google Street View is an app that provides you with a virtual representation of your surroundings. It is home to thousands and thousands of panoramic images. Plus, the contributors play a significant role in generating the content of this app.
MapQuest is another alternative to Google Earth. Although it is not as popular as Google Maps, the features are pretty much the same. It is used to find directions from one place to another. From far away remote areas to the nearest petrol pump, you can locate any place you want to with the help of MapQuest.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can I see my house on Google Earth?
Ans: Yes, you can see your house on Google Earth. Simply go to the search bar and enter your address. Your neighborhood will appear. Drag the cursor and use Google Earth’s tools to find your home.
Q2. Is Google Earth free to install?
Ans: Yes, you can install it free of cost on your PC, Mac, laptop, or Linux desktop.
Q3. Does Google Earth contain any viruses?
Ans: No, it does not contain any viruses.
Q4. Can I see the 3D image of my house?
Ans: Yes, you can easily view the 3D image of your house through Google Earth.