Enjoying the console experience on your PC has now become easier than ever, courtesy of the DualShock 4 controller for Windows ― also known as DS4 Windows.
With this simple program, gamers can connect their console controllers to their PC without any difficulty and play the game of their choice within a few minutes.
|Compatibility:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Security:||Checked – Virus Free|
In this post, you will learn about DS4windows and How to Connect PS4 Controller to PC with DS4Window.
What is DS4Windows?
DS4Windows 2.0 is a portable software that enables users to connect Sony DualShock4 controllers on their laptops or desktops. The DS4 Windows 2.0 allows you to connect and use your PlayStation 4 controllers with a wired or wireless connection. For a wireless connection, you do need to have a Bluetooth-enabled PC.
This open-source software offers a virus-free download and a lightweight simple and clean UI. Moreover, it is offered in multiple languages including German, and Polish.
How to Download DS4Windows for PC?
This program is loved by gamers since it is easy to download, install, and use. You need to download ‘DS4 Windows’ to begin the process.
To install the DS4 driver for Windows, you should have the following requirements on your PC:
- Sony DualShock 4
- Microsoft.NET 4.5 for macros to work properly after unzipping the driver (nothing below than this)
- DS4Windows Program (needed to configure the controller)
- Micro USB cable (for charging)
- Microsoft 360 Driver
- Bluetooth device (in case your computer doesn’t have a built-in one)
Here’s a stepwise guide on how to download DS4Windows for your convenience:
Step 1: Downloading DS4 Windows Program
- Download the zip folder to your system, if you do not have it already.
- Download the DS4Windows program from the official website. You can do so by typing ‘DS4Windows Download’ in Google and click the links that appear safe to you.
- It will take a few seconds to download the file, depending on your internet speed.
Step 2: Installation Process for DS4 Windows
- Once the file has been downloaded, open the zip folder and extract all the contents of the folder to your computer.
- Make sure to select the correct destination, wherever you want to install it.
- Right after the files have been extracted to the desired destination, click on the “exe” file that will allow you to begin the installation process.
- When the setup window pops up, click on ‘Install the DS4 Driver’ to start the automatic installation. If you have Windows 7 or below, click on “Install 360 Driver”
- It may take a few minutes to complete the installation process, make sure you do not close the window.
- Click on the ‘Finish’ button.
Step 3: Connecting PS4 Controller to PC With DS4Windows
Now, you need to connect the controller to your PC, and here’s how to do it:
- Plugin your Bluetooth device or directly switch on the Bluetooth option on your computer if available.
- Minimize the installed version of DS4Windows,
- Now launch the ‘Run’ application on your PC. The short keys are Windows logo key + R.
- Type ‘Control’ to find the Control Panel.
- Press ‘Enter’ to launch the Control Panel. You can do it directly from the Start menu as well.
- On your controller, press the connecting buttons.
- Click on ‘Devices & Printers’ to find all the devices in the Control Panel.
- Click on ‘Add a New Device’.
- Your computer will show you a list of devices nearby.
- After it detects the device, select it and then click on Next.
- Open the ‘DS4Windows Program’ again. If connected, this program will show you the device.
- Configure or proceed to play the game you want.
- Do not close the program when you are playing the game.
- Do not disconnect the Bluetooth device or turn it off.
- To disconnect, maximize the DS4Windows program and click on ‘Stop’.
Features of DS4Windows
The following are the various features of DS4Windows:
Wide Variety of Options
The best part about downloading DS4 for Windows is that you will have plenty of options to configure as per your liking. After installation, you will be able to:
- Control mapping and configure touchpad sensitivity
- Customize Marcos, rainbow light bar, and motion controls
- Specify the actions triggered by pressing multiple keys at a time
- Run a program with customized profiles
Default Profiles for Different Games
Another promising feature of DS4Windows is that it lets you set up any personal settings for your controller. You can create a profile and save the desired settings for a specific game. Multiple profiles can be added for different games along with the freedom to configure almost everything. Other than that, you can also switch your controllers to different profiles automatically when certain programs are launched.
Efficient and Smart User Interface
The program boasts one of the most efficient and easy user interfaces. Download, install, connect, and play ― it is this quick. You can add your desired settings without going through complex menus. Now save the settings multiple times with ease.
Alternatives for DS4Windows
Deemed as a graphical program, this software maps the keyboard and mouse to a gaming pad. It supports various controllers and is compatible with various versions of Windows. Not only is this software suitable for Windows-based computers, but it also offers compatibility with macOS as well.
QJoyPad functions the same as DS4, but it is compatible with Linux. It is one of the best DS4 alternatives for people who like playing games with their controllers. QJoyPad is especially suitable for those games that do not allow Joystick support. The software itself is pretty old and was last updated in February 2010 but it still works on Linux-based systems.
ScpToolkit is already available in Windows Vista, 7, 8, and other greater versions. It is completely free of cost and offers the same features as DS4Windows. This software is specifically made to offer compatibility for Sony DualShock 3/4 Controllers on Windows-based systems.
Check out this video and learn how to connect ps4 controller to pc/laptop:
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How does DS4 work on Windows 10?
Ans: Open the settings from the start menu. Click on ‘Devices’ and then proceed to ‘Bluetooth’. Turn on the device and it will appear as a “Wireless Controller”. Pair the device with your computer and you are good to go.
Q2. Is DS4Windows safe to download?
Ans: Yes, it is completely safe to download provided that you install it from official sources rather than third-party websites. You can run the program by antivirus for greater safety.
Q3. How does DS4 Windows work?
Ans: After installing the driver, DS4Windows reads your Sony Dualshock controllers as Xbox360 controllers. This means, your Dualshock controllers will work with any Xinput supported games.