Cinebench is a benchmarking tool used to assess the performance of your device. It is built by Maxon, a leading company that provides high-end cinematic animations and modeling solutions. Cinebench is among the side products of Maxon to evaluate the performance of the hardware of your computer.
|Name:||Cinebench for PC|
|Compatibility:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Security:||Checked – Virus Free|
It tests the CPU, RAM, and other hardware and provides benchmarking stats with detailed analysis. The software is available to download from the Microsoft Store for Windows systems and the App Store for Mac systems. It is also downloadable from the official Maxon website.
What is Cinebench?
Cinebench test is a benchmark hardware performance analysis tool that observes how powerful your computer is. It uses the animation power of Cinema 4D, the flagship animation software of Maxon, to evaluate the rendering capabilities of your CPU. Once the test is complete, each component is given a score, and the aggregate score is used to generate the benchmark.
The recent updates include the performance testing of the new generation of CPU multi-cores, indicating the use of parallel computations by Cinema 4D’s powerful engine. It can also handle Apple’s latest M1 architecture for its devices. It can provide an accurate analysis of how the computer performs under high and low loads and how long it can perform heavy-duty tasks. The cooling system of the computer is also examined to observe if it can keep the system from overheating during peak performance.
There are multiple ways Cinebench proves to be a very useful software. Its testing technique is created by specifically emulating general tasks a CPU needs to perform daily. This means that the analysis is more accurate and to the point than other benchmarking tools. Whether you wish to buy computers for a company, review a product, or enhance the hardware of your machine, Cinebench’s statistical analysis will provide you all the insight you need.
How to Download Cinebench for PC?
Cinebench is available to download for both Windows and Mac. The best part is that this software is available to download for free.
There are three ways you can download Cinebench for your computer.
From Microsoft Store on Windows
Follow these steps to download Cinebench on your Windows computer:
- Open Microsoft Store.
- Search for ‘Cinebench’ in the search box.
- The first result should be Cinebench by Maxon. Open it.
- Click on the “Get” button. The tool is about 700 MBs in size, so it might take some time to download depending on your internet speed.
From App Store on Mac
Following are three steps to download Cinebench on Mac.
- Open App Store.
- Search for ‘Cinebench’ in the search box.
- The first result should be Cinebench. Open it up and click on the “Get” option from there. The tool is about 300 MBs in size.
From Official Maxon Website
You can download Cinebench from the official Maxon website by:
- Opening www.maxon.net, which is the official website.
- Next, click on Products, the first tab in the tab bar at the top.
- Choose Cinebench. This will open the Cinebench page.
- Scroll to the second portion of the Cinebench page. The last line should be ‘Download From Maxon’. Click on the link.
- You will be redirected to the Maxon download page. Choose Cinebench from the list and click on Install Cinebench.
Features of Cinebench
Cinebench boasts powerful features for hardware testing. Below are some of the functions it performs:
- The latest variant, Cinebench R23, supports Apple’s M1-powered computers.
- The latest compilers allow minimum runtime by default.
- Precise and accurate benchmarking for both older and newer generations of computer systems
- CPU high load testing
- Cooling system Efficiency at peak CPU performance
- 3D Rendering tests to check real-life task handling
- Test single-core and multi-core performance
- It can be launched using commands on a command-line terminal.
Learn how to use cinebench
Alternatives to Cinebench
There are many benchmarking tools available for free in the market. Let us discuss some alternatives:
HWMonitor is a popular hardware monitoring tool mostly used by gamers to keep track of hardware activity. They can observe CPU and GPU temperatures under various load conditions and can be used to take note of the voltage, fan speeds, and power consumption as well.
There are two variants available for the HWMonitor; Free and Paid. The free version packs basic functionality, while the paid version is more powerful and has long-term official support along with an enhanced set of features.
Among the top benchmarking tools, 3DMark is a graphics-intensive performance testing tool that focuses on 3D rendering and the gaming performance of your computer.
It uses Fire Strike, Time Spy, and Port Royal packages to evaluate the performance of a computer and then compares the results with other users having similar computers. The analysis also helps in deciding whether a machine needs an upgrade and if it is working up to its potential or not.
UserBenchmark has been around for quite some time now and has tested millions of SoCs and pieces of hardware. This intelligent tool provides specific hardware suggestions if it is underperforming.
It can test GPU, CPU, RAM, hard drive or SSD, even your USB and can pinpoint the exact hardware that is creating the bottleneck. Hence, you can improve the performance of your system by upgrading that particular part.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Cinebench free?
Cinebench is free to download software, and you can use it forever and as long as you wish to.
What is a good Cinebench score?
As high as the score can be. Generally, a single-core score of 1000 and a multi-core score of 20,000 should provide you decent performance.
What is Cinebench R20?
Cinebench is a 3D rendering software that tests the rendering performance of your CPU. R20 is the version number of Cinebench. The latest version is R23.