Bloons TD 6 is a premium tower defense video game published by Ninja Kiwi. It was first released for mobile devices such as iOS and Android in June 2018. The game rose to popularity fairly quickly and made its way to Microsoft Windows six months later.
|Name:||Bloons TD 6 PC|
|Compatibility:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Security:||Checked – Virus Free|
The game was initially free to download and play, but the high levels of interest soon invited a price tag that the 3D tower defense game justifies.
Bloons now has official support for macOS X or later and Windows 7 or later, so you can enjoy the excellent mechanics and strategy game on your desktop and mobile devices alike.
What is Bloons TD 6?
Bloons TD 6 is a tower defense video game from Ninja Kiwi that is part of the studio’s Bloons Tower Defense series. The game allows players to create defense towers to prevent the enemy balloons from reaching the exit.
Here, the enemy balloons are referred to as “Bloons”, and “Tower defense” is abbreviated as TD. The video game gets its name from being the sixth game in the Bloons Tower Defense series.
Bloons TD 6 offers a boatload of great features. The gameplay of Bloons TD 6 utilizes excellent 3D graphics. Although the game is rendered in 3D graphics, it is predominantly played in a 2D perspective. There are different game modes in the game, including standard, challenge editor, Odyssey, race events, and co-op.
The Co-op brings fun to a team as four players can play together, share and pool resources while enjoying the fun of the single-player mode. Enemy balloons aim to reach the exit, and the player sets up defense towers that will pop the balloons of the enemy to keep them from reaching it.
Towers gain strategic importance as the game progresses and also possess unique capabilities that the user must use to his advantage.
How to Get Bloons TD 6 on PC?
Bloons TD 6 is available officially on both Windows OS and macOS. However, there is more than one way of getting the game on your PC:
The Microsoft Store has Bloons TD 6 from the official developer. To download:
- Click on the “Start” menu and type in “Microsoft Store”.
- Open the Store and click the “Search” button on the top right.
- Type in “Bloons TD 6” and open the app’s official store link.
- Click on “Buy” and finalize the purchase using your Microsoft Account.
- Once installed, the app can be run by typing in Bloons in the start menu search bar.
When it comes to gaming, Steam is the king for PC games. The Bloons TD 6 can be downloaded from the Steam Store as well.
- Head over to the official Steam website and download the Steam PC client.
- Double click the executable file to initiate the installation of Steam and follow the on-screen instructions to complete it.
- Once installed, open the Steam Client and search for “Bloons TD 6”. You can pay through Steam’s safe checkout feature and finalize the purchase.
- The game will start appearing in the steam game library.
If you’re looking to get the game for a bit cheaper than it is available for the PC, then using an Android Emulator is your best bet.
- Download your preferred Android emulator. The top ones in 2021 include:
- Download the installer from the official web pages of any of these Android emulators.
- Double click or right-click the file to open it and grant permissions as an administrator.
- After selecting the install directory, proceed with the installation.
- Once completed, use your Google credentials to sign in.
- Access the Google Play Store through the home screen of the emulator or the Application drawer.
- Click the search bar on top and type in “Bloons TD 6”.
- Add a payment method if it’s not already added to your Google account.
- Pay for the game and enjoy the 3D experience of Bloons TD 6.
The game is 50% cheaper on mobile platforms than on desktop PCs; hence the option to buy and download using an emulator makes more sense.
Features of Bloons TD 6
Bloons TD 6 offers excellent gameplay and immersive 3D graphics that will make your gaming time fun. Its features include:
- Unique hero towers and skins
- Co-op to share rewards and for pooling resources
- Fun audio tracks to make the whole gameplay more fun
- In-app store to boost tower strength and power
- Veteran XP and Veteran levels for gamers that max out their levels
Alternative Apps on Your PC
While Bloons TD 6 has huge potential, many great games are similar to Bloons TD 6 that offers strategy and defense management on PC. These include:
Plants vs. Zombies
An alternative to BTD6 is Plants vs. Zombies; this video game was introduced by PopCap. The zombies are going to take over your place, and you can only defend yourself with zapping plants.
In this tower defense video game, you can mulch zombies with cherry bombs, peashooters, and walnuts, before they reach your doorstep.
Age of Empires
Considered the epitome of game development from Microsoft Studios, Age of Empires has stood the test of time and is one of the best, if not the best, strategy games out there.
The legendary game does not have the latest and greatest graphics like the Bloons TD 6 but promises a great experience when it comes to strategy development and asset protection in the game.
The leading game from SuperCell has established itself as a great tower defense game where the users use different cards that pack several powers. The ultimate goal is to destroy the enemy towers while safeguarding your own.
The towers level up, and the cards can be upgraded too to offer better protection and attack stats. There is an option to get a royale pass to make the whole gameplay more interesting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Is Bloons TD 6 free of cost?
Ans: Bloons TD 6 used to be free but is now available for a price of $4.99 on mobile platforms and $9.99 for the PC version. In addition, there are in-app purchases for cosmetics items like skins and characters.
Q2. Is Bloons TD 6 free on the computer?
Ans: No, Bloons TD 6 can be downloaded through the official websites for a price of $9.99.
Q3. Can we play Bloons TD 6 offline?
Ans: Yes, it has an offline mode. So, you don’t have to rely on Wi-Fi or mobile data to play it.
Q4. Does BTD6 have a multiplayer mode?
Ans: Bloons TD 6 has a Co-Op Mode that enables multiplayer in a game set. Players can pool resources and share spoils.