Video editing apps make it convenient to edit your videos on the go. Whether you want to upload your vlog, video for your social media profile, or simply making a birthday video for your friends/family, there are plenty of apps that come in handy.
To avoid your hassle, we have curated a list of the top 10 best video editing apps for android and iOS devices that comes with all the professional editing tools and features. By the end of this article, you will be able to pick the right app for your device.
So, let’s dive right into our list below!
Top 10 Best Video Editing Apps 2021
KineMaster is one of the robust video editing software out there. It comes with plenty of powerful tools that allow you to edit your videos on your mobile and tablets with ease. Compared with other editing software, KineMaster takes a lead with its features such as chroma key, audio filters, transitions, and more.
Additionally, it allows you to create stunning visual effects by adding slow-motion, animations, stickers, and more.
- Allows you to add voice changes, music, sound effects, and more.
- Adjust the size and length with its crop, cut, and slice tools.
- Enables you to combine images and videos and add special effects including coloured filters.
- Share your videos directly on social media platforms from KineMaster in 4K.
YouCut is an exceptional video editor and video maker with all the necessary features. The app also acts as a professional video cutter and joiner for your YouTube videos, and more. You can merge photos and videos, cut & split videos, add animated texts, adjust the speed, and more with YouCut.
Additionally, the app also acts as a slideshow maker to make the perfect slideshow to showcase your photos. You can also add music to your videos with its free music collection or import it from your device directly. To add a cherry on top, it comes with no watermarks.
- Plenty of premium filters and glitch effects for photos and videos.
- Enables you to change your background or blur the background.
- Directly share your videos on social media without ruining the quality.
VivaVideo is another exceptional video editing software that comes with a freemium and premium version. This video editor makes it easier for content creators to edit their videos with exceptional features. With the app, you can trim, merge, reverse, slow down, or speed up your videos.
The free version comes with a watermark and 5 minutes video limit. However, you can upgrade to the premium version to remove the restrictions. Additionally, if you are looking for a simple video editor to make a slideshow or collage, VivaVideo is the ideal choice for you.
- 200+ filters and effects to use.
- Supports slow motions and transitions.
- Extensive music library to choose the right music for your video.
- Provides multi-track editing to layer music and voice clips.
Compared to other editing apps, Du Recorder is a video recording app that allows you to record your screen and later edit the video. In cases where you need to record your favourite video, you can use Du Recorder to capture everything on your screen and later edit it.
You can adjust the video quality and use the in-built video editing tools to create the ideal video. The app is available to download on iOS and Android devices.
- Crop videos without any hassle.
- Allows you to add music in the background.
- Offers direct social media sharing from the app.
Artisto is a minimal yet robust video editing app with multiple photo effects and art filters for videos, photos, documentaries, selfies, and more. You can convert your photos and videos with amazing artistic filters.
These filters allow your photos and videos to look like art instead of normal filters. The app can be downloaded for free on iOS devices and Android devices. The video editor is ideal for users who want their videos to look artistic.
- Multiple art filters to apply to videos.
- Enables you to turn your videos, photos, and selfies into a cartoon.
- Extremely easy to use interface.
Magisto is a video automation software that allows you to edit your videos in three simple steps. All you need to do is choose your style, add images and videos you want, and lastly, pick the right music and you are done!
Magisto uses AI to curate the perfect video to deliver the message you want. You can download Magisto for free on iOS and android. However, the freemium version comes with certain limits.
- Extremely beginner-friendly and easy to use interface.
- Multiple templates to add to your videos.
- Plenty of editing style including storyteller, music video, calm, and more.
- Comes with an online version for laptops.
VideoShop is one of the easiest video editing software with a simple interface. Available for iOS and Android, the app comes with excellent functions to edit your videos. You can crop your videos to adjust the size, cut unwanted parts, trim, add effects, and more.
Additionally, if you want to add texts or messages to your video, you can do it right from the app. Moreover, it enables sharing on social media platforms directly from the app. The app also allows you to add saturation, contrasts, brightness, and more to make the perfect video.
- Allows you to adjust your video speed to fast or slow depending on the need.
- Comes with four different transitions for editing videos.
- Multiple sound effects and integrate your favourite music from your mobile.
VideoShow is a movie maker and video editing app available for both -iOS and Android. VideoShow allows you to make memes, videos, slideshows with photos, music, sound effects, stickers, and more. With the app, you can create stunning videos by adding animations, GIFs, memes, texts, and more.
The app is free to download. However, it comes with plenty of commercials. To avoid that, you can upgrade to their premium version. Overall, it is a great app for professionals and beginners.
- Allows you to export your videos in HD without losing the quality.
- 30+ filters supported to add to the videos.
- Voice enhancement, blurred background, audio speed adjustments available.
iMovie is an amazing video editing software that comes free with all iOS devices. It integrates perfectly with Apple’s ecosystem and offers some of the best editing features including adding music, adding tiles, editing videos, and more.
iMovie may not be as powerful as other editing apps, but it comes in handy for beginners who are just getting started with video editing.
- Supports 4K in the new Apple devices.
- Extremely easy to use interface.
- Supports voiceovers and music.
Last on our list is Quik. It is a simple yet beginner-friendly video editor that allows you to edit your videos with multiple effects. You can add up to 50 videos and images and it curates the best video for you.
It comes with dozens of styles that you can choose from and allows you to customize the videos before exporting them. Additionally, the app is free to download for all users.
- Automatically curates videos depending on the style you pick.
- Enables you to add photos and videos from anywhere.
- Exclusive filters for videos and images.
- Add stickers, slow motion, transitions, reverse, and more effects.