Developed and published by InnerSloth on June 15, 2018, Among Us is a murder mystery game. The game is about a group of crewmates and an imposter among them. The imposter tries to sabotage the spaceship and kill everyone. Thus, the initial concept of the game is extremely simple, and yet, it became highly successful.
|Name:||Among Us for PC|
|Compatibility:||Windows (All Versions)|
|Security:||Checked – Virus Free|
You can play the game on both your Android and iOS devices. Additionally, you can download it on your PC as well. This guide will tell you everything you need to know about downloading Among Us for PC, its spectacular features, and some familiar alternative games.
What is Among Us?
Although, Among Us became a hit during the COVID-19 pandemic. During the lockdown around the globe, many celebrities started streaming the game to millions of people. This resulted in an instant hit of the game.
It is a multiplayer game where ten players are dropped into a spaceship, planet base, or sky headquarters. The players in the game are either assigned the role of crewmate or imposter.
It is basically a game of survival. The crewmates in the game need to vote off the imposters in the game and complete the tasks assigned to them. On the other hand, the imposters try to kill the crewmates or prevent them from finishing their assigned tasks. You can play the game both online or on local WiFi with your friends.
The teammates are not allowed to talk while performing the task. They can only talk when death takes place. When someone from the team dies, the crew can vote for the imposter and root them out.
In addition to this, players are also allowed to vote off the other players from the locations. If you are playing with a vast number of players, you can also opt to have more than one imposter in your game.
How to Download Among Us on PC for free?
Although Among Us can be used on PC using Steam, you can download it for free with the help of an Android emulator as well. Some examples of the popular Android emulators are BlueStacks, MEmu, and NoxPlayer.
Let’s check out the installation method of Among Us using the BlueStacks emulator.
- Go to the official website of BlueStacks and find the .exe file in the download folder.
- Double click on the .exe file to start the downloading process.
- A pop-up message will appear. Click on Yes.
- Wait for a few minutes for the downloading process to complete.
- Configure your BlueStacks Emulator by selecting your preferred language.
- Launch the emulator and follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- Log in to your Google Play account in your emulator.
- Search for Among Us in the search bar.
- Install the game from Google Play Store.
- Click the game icon to start the game once the installation is complete.
- Enjoy playing the game on your PC.
Here’s a quick tutorial video of How to Download Among Us on PC:
Features of Among Us
Among Us offers several incredible features to its users. This is the reason behind the popularity of the game as well. Let’s check out some of the game’s features below:
- The game enables players to customize their characters. There are a total of twelve colors available from which the players can choose from. These colors include red, green, orange, black, white, purple, brown, and white.
- The developers included skins in the game as well. The skins have several clothes for the players, such as a white hat, police, military, and captain costume.
- The 2018.10.10 version of the game includes several hats for the players. The hats help the players to customize their characters. Some standard hats include caps and masks, Halloween, and Christmas hats.
- There are different maps that Among Us offers to the players. These maps include The Skeld, Mira HQ, Polus, and The Airship. The Skeld is the first and the only free map available in the game. The Airship is the fourth and the largest map launched by the creators.
- Currently, Among Us supports multiple languages, including English, French, Italian, German, European & Latin American, Spanish, Brazilian, and Japanese. InnerSloth has also assured the fans that they will provide support for additional languages later on.
Alternatives for Among Us for Windows
Among Us has no doubt become the talk of the town. So, if you enjoyed playing the game and looking for more games like Among Us, then we have the three best alternative games listed below for you:
Deceit is one of the most common and popular games that you can play. Its social deduction approach is exceptionally similar to Among Us. The players need to find the innocent players, complete their tasks, and build trust among them.
Although Deceit is also a multiplayer game, it does not offer the local gaming option that Among Us does. The players wake up in an asylum with five unknown players. Two out of five players are infected with a virus and try to kill innocent players.
Town of Salem
Town of Salem is another excellent alternative game to Among Us. It is one of the oldest social deduction games and has more than 8 million users. The game is available on Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows. The players need to protect the good guys present in their town.
Town of Salem lets a maximum of fifteen players play the game. This is what makes the game more interesting. Not only this, but the game also allows the players to pick their favorite role from thirty-three different characters available in the game.
Secret Neighbor is a game that is available on the Xbox console. Six characters in the game try to sneak into their neighbor’s home. But in reality, one of the six players is the neighbor in disguise.
The neighbor in disguise tries to blend in with the rest of the players to earn their trust. Things take a really interesting turn when the teammates start disappearing and the inquiry starts.
Frequently Asked Questions about Among Us
Q1. Can you download Among Us on PC?
Ans: You can easily download the game on your PC with the help of any Android emulator.
Q2. What is the most challenging task in Among Us?
Ans: Long tasks are the most difficult to perform in Among Us.
Q3. How long does it take to complete tasks in Among Us?
Ans: The tasks can take between 6 to 12 seconds to complete.
Q4. Is Among Us safe for kids?
Ans: Among Us is an engaging social game and can be a fun way for the kids to connect with their friends.